Friday, June 24, 2005

Eating Montgomery

I thought that in my first post, I'd try to explain the motivation for writing this 'blog. I've been in Montgomery Alabama for four long years. I have been searching for good places to eat for the same time. Up until recently, the reviews for local area restaurants have been less than helpful. The local rag has switched over to a three critic format, allowing for more diverse perspectives. The only problem is, several of the new critics are just as cheap and tasteless as the previous critic, Betts. I am still on a search for what many ex-pat Texans would consider the Holy Grail, a decent Tex-Mex restaurant.

What makes me more capable to review local cuisine? I have worked in the food service industry for over 4 years, as a highly trained waiter in an upscale restaurant, sous-chef in the same, and Bartender. I am now a practicing foodie, and thoroughly enjoy entertaining friends and family with cocktails, gourmet food and fine wine. I have an insiders perspective of what goes on in the back and front of the house. I bring a depth of experience that most local critics lack.

I do this for the enjoyment I take from eating at good restaurants, and from sharing useful information. I will be posting about every place I eat, every time I eat.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home