Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Lunch: Fat Man's Smokehouse

Just about the last place I would expect to find good food would be in a gas station convenience store. I've tried my share of quickie burgers and gas station pizza, and they all ended in at the very least, disappointment. Fat Man's Smokehouse is an exception to the rule. They are co-located with a Citgo convenience store off of Cong. Dick and the bypass. This is the second time I've eaten there, and I've left full and happy both times.

SERVICE: N/A, but the folks behind the counter were pleasant to talk to and friendly. The manager even let me have a sample of their rib tips to help make up my mind. There is limited dining available, but no table service.

FOOD: I've had the rib tips and the ribs now. Their lunch combo comes with two sides, and a slice of white bread. They have several choices of BBQ sauce, I liked to mix their Sweet with the hot sauce, it turned out great. The BBQ Baked beans and Potato salad were also great. Drinks were self serve. My only complaint was that the unsweet tea was in an old reused jug, while both tea pots were filled with Sweet Tea. I guess I can't really complain, since everyone seems to like it sweet. Not that I like anything besides Ice in my tea, but I've been given sweet tea before, and it tasted like tea flavored syrup.

If you work anywhere between Coliseum and the Boulevard, Fat Man's is the closest place to go for great BBQ.

Smoking is not permitted, it's a GAS STATION!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home