Friday, July 01, 2005

Dessert: Cheesecake Factory, Birmingham

I was in Birmingham, and I thought I'd try some cheesecake at a place that is supposedly so good at it, they call them selves the Cheesecake Factory.

I was originally hoping for a savory cheesecake. I've watched several shows on Food Network where the host has mentioned savory cheesecakes with lobster, crab meat or whatever. Hey this is THE Cheesecake Factory right? They should have it.

Nope, just dessert cheesecakes, so that is what I had, along with some Coffee. I ordered the Toblerone Swiss chocolate cheese cake. It was good, but no great. it had a chocolate and almond topping that was reminiscent of chocolate no-bake cookies. The coffee was mediocre, and made me regret not ordering one of their many coffee or kahlua flavored cheesecakes.

The service was ok, it was 5pm when I stopped in, not busy at all, yet my server still managed to elude me, causing me to wait for refills, and a paid check.

I'd like to try it again, perhaps give one of their entree's a chance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home